“Why in the world would anyone want locs (dreadlocks) in their hair??”
Well, there is a quote that I heard once some years ago that I love and it goes something like this…
“To those who understand, no explanation is necessary…to those who don’t understand, no explanation will ever be enough”
– author unknown…at least to me
But despite the validity of that quote, I still felt compelled to write this article and express why I love my locs and why I think… no, I KNOW they rock! 🙂
Some will feel me, some get it and others will not and that’s okay. But hey, ya never know what this article may do for someone so here goes…
- Locs are one of the most natural ways to wear & appreciate our NAPtural hair – locking is what our hair would do if there were no combs, brushes, hot tools, etc. and the kinkier the hair is, the better suited for locking it is! So if you’re tired of fighting your “naps” (beating them into subjection with heat or chemicals) or trying to detangle & comb thru them…let ’em do what they want to naturally do!
- Locs are a time saver – imagine waking up and only needing a light fluffing and/or spritzing with water to “wake them up” and then being all set to go and take on the day without plugging in a curling iron or straightener! Talk about a get-up-and-go hair!
- Locs provide “wash-and-go”hair – Unless you have to tighten them, really the only thing to do is separate them, apply a little oil and you’re all set! No blow-drying, flat-ironing, curling or the like although if you desire, you can style them but that’s optional.
- Locs are virtually worry & hassle-free – sure there’s maintenance, but if you use something like the “Latchin’ Technique” then you only have to do that once every 4-8 weeks or so. Not only THAT…but you won’t find yourself running from the rain, avoiding water parks or getting splashed/dunked in the pool or fearing sweating your hair out while working out or anything else!
- Locs are very versatile – they come in all shapes & sizes and can be styled, sculpted and molded into many beautiful styles or simply worn as-is!
So there you have it…these are the reasons I, personally, love my locs… and locs, period! If you’ve been on the fence about locking your hair, hopefully this article served as a little more inspiration and encouragement to go for it!Blessings & Warmest Regards,